What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Problems

FRA7ER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
I bought my wife an iPad mini 2, two Christmases ago. Well about a month ago our the screen on it has gone a bit weird. When it's been left for a while the screen goes all faint and has lines on.( I have tried to add pic but when I screen shot it, it just takes a normal pic. Next time I will take one off my phone and upload it) but once you switch it off and on it works fine. Any ideas?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,
I bought my wife an iPad mini 2, two Christmases ago. Well about a month ago our the screen on it has gone a bit weird. When it's been left for a while the screen goes all faint and has lines on.( I have tried to add pic but when I screen shot it, it just takes a normal pic. Next time I will take one off my phone and upload it) but once you switch it off and on it works fine. Any ideas?
Hello FRA7ER and welcome to the forum. I see that in your first post you were not sure how to start a thread. Well, you're not too bad at it now I reckon:D
In fact you opened two threads on the same topic which is really against the rules as it fragments the conversation and may result in confusion as to where we should reply.
I've deleted your other post, so within this thread if you could show us the screen via your phone, that may be a help in getting you to an answer to your problem.
In the meantime I would suggest you reset your iPad by simultaneously holding down the Home and On/Off buttons until the Apple logo appears, then let both go and patiently wait until the iPad reboots. That won't harm anything or lose any data and has often been a fix when an iPad acts "funny".
Again, welcome and enjoy our forum.:)
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
F

FRA7ER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Andrew. Sorry about that. I'm new to this game. I have performed the reset. To no avail.... I will post a pic soon as I can

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is either a problem with lcd display or most likely the logic board. The reason it won't show up on the screen shot is because it is a hardware issue not a software issue. If you have apple care extended warranty ,get it to an Apple Store . If not look for a local reputable repair shop.

OP
F

FRA7ER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• 20150510_151231.jpg
    20150510_151231.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 196
  • 20150510_151241.jpg
    20150510_151241.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 226

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on your photos it certainly looks like a screen on the way to complete failure or a logic board problem like Brian mentioned in his post. This problem will almost certainly get worse with time. A visit to an Apple Store Genius Bar would get you a full diagnostic and an estimated repair cost. Be sure to back up the iPad before taking it in. The backup can be used to set up the repaired iPad or its replacement.

OP
F

FRA7ER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really annoying as i said earlier only had two years. And it hasn't had that much use.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing to try , which works with the iPad 2 and I'll doubt it'll work here but you never know....
Turn the iPad off and give it a few firm smacks on the back. This might knock a loose component back in place, assuming that is the problem. Or it might not , worth a try though.

Most reactions

Latest posts