What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen turns off...any setting?

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so many times while im working out a problem it takes a couple of minutes for me to touch the screen again or have any activity on the mini. The screen turns off and i have to push the home button in order to come back to where i was. Is there any setting that will give me a little more time before it goes to sleep mode?

Thanks in advance...

Ovedi

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
so many times while im working out a problem it takes a couple of minutes for me to touch the screen again or have any activity on the mini. The screen turns off and i have to push the home button in order to come back to where i was. Is there any setting that will give me a little more time before it goes to sleep mode?

Thanks in advance...

Ovedi

That should be in Settings - General - Auto Lock. You can choose between 2 - 15 minutes, or Never.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot to illustrate the choices, simply tap the one you want, then exit the settings menu.

image-3424894897.jpg

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey Thanks! i can't get used to troubleshooting on the ipad, it was there and I kept going back to settings and I just didn't see it. Thanks you!

Ovedi

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you have time, investigate all the settings menus. It helps to know what settings can be changed and what some gestures are and if they can be turned on or off.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hey Thanks! i can't get used to troubleshooting on the ipad, it was there and I kept going back to settings and I just didn't see it.
As the word "autolock" to me didn't mean "switches off the screen" it took a while for me to discover that was what it meant, so you are not alone! I think it should have been called "Autosleep" instead! :(

Most reactions