What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen colour damage

nixta11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mum's iPad has a big horizontal dark grey stripe with thin rainbow colored lines, through the middle of the screen. We don't know what caused this, (the kids are not fessing up) but it was found inside one of the sleeping bags, so we can only suspect it has been stood on or overheated. The glass is not damaged and the iPad seems to be functioning as normal. Anyone know what this is, and is it repairable?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Nixta - welcome to the forum! :)

Of course, the iPad may have been dropped? I would suggest that you 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - Directions HERE, if unfamiliar w/ the process. Please post back the results - if these procedures do not correct the problem, then I would suggest visiting an Apple store or a reputable computer store w/ experience handling Apple products. Good luck - :thumbs:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't like the sound of the rainbow colored lines. Sounds to me like the thing is damaged internally, and that will not be an easy or cheap fix.

I don't know anything about the internals of iPads but I think the touch sensitive gizmo is bonded to the glass. I think it likely that it's been pulled away.

Most reactions

Latest posts