What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen is blank in the middle

Linda2121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my daughter the original ipad in May 2010. She has used it very little, and actually when I turned it on today the last date on there was December 2011.

The screen is not broken. The screen picture (I'm not tech savy with this stuff, sorry) is perfect at the top and bottom, but the middle is just blank. Does this mean it has water damage and can this be repaired?

I can scroll through and open all programs that I can see. Just wondering what to do about this.

Thanks so much for any help and advice.

Blessings to all.

Linda

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Linda2121 said:
I bought my daughter the original ipad in May 2010. She has used it very little, and actually when I turned it on today the last date on there was December 2011.

The screen is not broken. The screen picture (I'm not tech savy with this stuff, sorry) is perfect at the top and bottom, but the middle is just blank. Does this mean it has water damage and can this be repaired?

I can scroll through and open all programs that I can see. Just wondering what to do about this.

Thanks so much for any help and advice.

Blessings to all.

Linda

Does this blank area rotate when you turn the iPad or does it remain stationary while the screen info rotates? If it remains stationary, that would indicate that it's a screen fault requiring a replacement. Considering the age of the iPad, it may be better under the circumstances to consider upgrading to a newer iPad version.

OP
L

Linda2121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this blank area rotate when you turn the iPad or does it remain stationary while the screen info rotates? If it remains stationary, that would indicate that it's a screen fault requiring a replacement. Considering the age of the iPad, it may be better under the circumstances to consider upgrading to a newer iPad version.

Thank you for your reply.

The blank area on her ipad stays stationary while the screen info rotates.

Thanks so much for your help.

Blessings,
Linda

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The blank area I likely caused by a partial failure of the screen backlight.

Most reactions

Latest posts