What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SciFi Discussion Lobby

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think that the insurance companies would be very interested in a system that would help reduce insurance payouts for accident related damage to vehicles and injuries to drivers and occupants of the those vehicles. Maybe they would be interested in helping fund the development of automated traffic control systems for self driving cars?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think that the insurance companies would be very interested in a system that would help reduce insurance payouts for accident related damage to vehicles and injuries to drivers and occupants of the those vehicles. Maybe they would be interested in helping fund the development of automated traffic control systems for self driving cars?

Insurance companies make money overall because of us buying policies and not making them pay out. If risk were considerably lowered, I'd expect to pay considerably less, too. Not sure they'd automatically want to support self-driving cars. If risk were really low, maybe many would skip insurance altogether?

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
scifan57 said:
Remember the 1950's predictions that by the 1960's we would all be using flying cars and Jet packs?

I had a school boy crush on Judy Jetson. What can I say. It was the 60s.

AA

image-675383962.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Jetsons.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I read the book in high school and saw the movie years ago.

BBC iPlayer features a 1981 (6) episode television mini series "Day of the Triffids".

Also see there's a 2009 (2) part mini, produced by the BBC.

Has anyone seen either?

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, this isn't science fiction but it might as well be, if you have access to BBC iPlayer check out Secret Universe: The Hidden Life Of The Cell.

Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Ok, this isn't science fiction but it might as well be, if you have access to BBC iPlayer check out Secret Universe: The Hidden Life Of The Cell.

The Archangel

Go back in time, and this would certainly have been the equivalent of science fiction.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Go back in time, and this would certainly have been the equivalent of science fiction.

I'm watching it right now and it's as good as most science fiction films of recent times!

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watched Prometheus at the weekend. Damn. That's two hours of my life I wasted and will never be able to get back. Very disappointing, in spite of the superb visual effects.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The Archangel

This is also available on YouTube for those of us without IPlayer.

Can't copy the link for some reason, but just search YouTube for the complete title.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Watched Prometheus at the weekend. Damn. That's two hours of my life I wasted and will never be able to get back. Very disappointing, in spite of the superb visual effects.

Really? I enjoyed it, different strokes for different folks eh!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts