1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Safari

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by petnor, Feb 22, 2012.

1. petnor

petnor iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When using Safari and wanting to revert to the previous page by using the back key, Safari occasionally opens an unrelated page that I maybe accessed earlier when browsing, sometimes even on the previous day or earlier. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a remedy?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,664 / 0
    I've not experienced this problem, but maybe you could try to clear out your Safari history? Go to Settings > Safari and "Clear History" and "Clear Cookies and Data." That may prevent it from happening in the future...

Marilyn
  3. joeyteel

joeyteel iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I've seen that a few time on my iPhone, and my iPad (more common on the latter though). Usually clearing history and cache fixes it. Every once in awhile it requires clearing all Safari data and restarting the device to fix it.

As best I can tell it usually happens after visiting a site that uses JavaScript to modify the browser history like some web apps do to make navigation work as expected in the app.