What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAFARI not allowing extra tabs

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed 9.2.1 couple of days ago and this morning am having a problem opening a new tab, when I click on the + for new tab a new tab opens but when I try to put in an address safari disappears and home page comes to the front. If I press on the + for an extended period an instruction window comes up saying "recently closed tabs".

Tried resetting turning off completely still the same

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed more trying I find that it will not let me write an address at all, even on the first tab, it will only allow me to click on favourites to open a window.

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a way around it not just me but loads of people since upgrading IOS to 9.2.1

Turn off Safari suggestions in Settings - Safari - Safari Suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I'm a bit behind on the news today, but the Safari suggestions problem was wide spread. I belive it had more to do with the server side of things than the iOS version.

I didn't run into it myself, but my Safari use earlier today was negligiable.

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it was their servers they cleared it up yesterday, just coincided with downloads of IOS 9.2.1.

Most reactions