What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

russian phonetic keyboard

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by phonetic, but you can select a Russian keyboard in the iPad 'Settings' application.

Tap the 'Settings' icon -> Go to 'General' -> "keyboard" -> "International Keyboards" -> "Add new keyboard"

then select 'Russian'.

OP
N

npatrone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the phonetic keyboard is the standard American keyboard which when used in the Russian phonetic keyboard setting will type the russian letters by the sounds of the English letters; it is also called a Student Russian keyboard. It can be downloaded for Mac OS and you type as you would speak the sounds. It is much easier to use if you learned to type on a standard American keyboard. Very fast and efficient without learning a new keyboard. I use this keyboard on my Mac laptop everyday at home and even on my Windows at work; there are several versions downloadable for free of this for Windows but just one or two for Mac. I use the Russian keyboard on an i phone but if you look in settings they offer the phonetic keyboard, but it does not in fact correspond to the phonetic keyboard; it is identical to the standard russian keyboard; not sure why they have three settings: russian , russian pc, and russian phonetic; they are all identical to the standard russian keyboard.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That looks like a really good app! But personally, I use the regular Russian or Ukrainian keyboards.

Most reactions

Latest posts