What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

npatrone

npatrone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering buying an i pad. Much of my work is done in Russian and I use a Russian phonetic keyboard on my Mac Laptop. Does anyone know how I can get a phonetic keyboard in Russain for the i-pad? The standard Russian keyboard is not intuitive for a non native speaker but the phonetic keyboard works very well. The Russian phonetic keyboard on an i phone is listed but for some reason there is no difference between this keyboard and the standard keyboard; it really is not present on the i phone althought listed in the drop down list under international keyboards/Russian.
Thanks.
ok to respond to my e-mail address

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Npatrone!

Before your post goes bye, I wanted to say hello and give this post of yours a chance to be noticed by more knowledgeable keyboard experts Russian style.

I hope you get the information specific to the keyboard. This forum has a lot of helpful people.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ios 4.2 will be adding the keyboards. im on Ios 4.2 beta3 right now. i see a russian keyboard. however, i dont know if that is different from the phonetic russian keyboard.

Here's a screen shot of the Russian Keyboard in Ipad
0545fb3f.png

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to add this OS upgrade won't be out until November, but it will be free.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really didnt notice how many keyboards were there before i got the 4.2. until, someone mentioned it.

November is pretty soon.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A phonetic keyboard would look something like this --

yawert.gif

It gives you a keyboard that allows you to input Cyrillic characters based on their sound. Personally, I am glad to see both a Russian and Ukrainian keyboard, but I have never seen a phonetic keyboard for the iPad... yet!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey npatrone!

See what I mean? You got three of our best members providing information. Great job y'all.

Now, question for you...are you going to buy an iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts