Routine Maintenance?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by LTCSZ, Jun 16, 2015.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    is it necessary to perform any sort of routine maintenance on my iPad Air 2? Similar to the "CCleaner" type program used on the PC? If so, can anyone recommend a good app to use? Thanks a lot.

2. rasmith1959

rasmith1959
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't worry about it. If the iPad starts acting weird, just turn it off and back on again. iOS devices are much better at managing memory than a Windows PC.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

3. Scottysize

Scottysize
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have a habit of double tapping the home screen and closing all open apps. It's my own OCD thing and I've been told that you really don't need to do that, but I just have to. It's my own personal Sheldon OCD issue:

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, the above has been a commonly asked question for years - I only 'force close' an app if it is misbehaving - in fact, apps that are 'inactive' use little resources but keep tract of where you had left off, a plus when reopening the program. When an app is closed and reopened later, more battery drainage likely occurs - check Quitting All Your Apps in iOS Can Actually Worsen Battery Life for some discussion. Dave :)

5. Scottysize

Scottysize
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Like I said. It's an OCD thing for me. I understand it's not needed, but I can't help myself.

6. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    The system does pretty much all of the housekeeping for you.. it's one of the reasons I love iOS :)