What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Apps to manage my .pdf manuals

mrpuws1664

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have many paper based 'Operations and Maintenance' (O&M) manuals for each of my locations, possibly dozens for each location. Field engineers need to go out and perform field maintenance using these O&M manuals. The current O&M manuals are cumbersome, big 3 ring binders that are difficult to search and use. We are starting to get the manuals as .pdf files. I'm looking for iPad applications that will let me manage (catalog (by contract, equp type, etc.), view, search, possibly update) my .pdf manuals. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition, the Goodreader app is another excellent choice. Not only is it great for viewing PDFs, it's also great with files management. I, personally, like how you are able to make folders within folders within folders...

I have both iAnnotate and Goodreader and I like both. However, TBH, I find Goodreader to be a bit more versatile in doing other things. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader is the option I'd go with, mainly because you can annotate the PDFs with reminders, updates, corrections, etc. From my dealings with manuals, this would be a big plus. Goodreader will also show most of those annotations if they are added with another program.

However, I will mention that iBooks is free, will read PDF, and you can organize them into categories. It would be your cheapest bet, and a decent reading platform, but no annotation.

Most reactions

Latest posts