What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maintenance question

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I have been doing a reset on my iDevices for years and they are always in tip top shape, but if Apple does not recommend this except for "issues" then I guess one should be careful.

But forcing apps to close is critical.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Maybe, I'm not certain. Restarting removes apps from RAM, but it's possible thier run state is still saved, so you may be right. Otherwise it's just a matter of cleaning up a very long list.

I've never had any difficulty with an app after Restart, but I have heard others with different experiences. It's a difficult thing to pin down without having access to the OS's code (as if I'd understand what I was looking at). You'd need a lot of testing, with controls, and half a dozen senarios. Way more effort than I'm willing to put into it, so it's probaby easier to just play it safe and do the force quits if that seems to be working for you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
d31df837.png

Thanks, that must have helped. I had a good sleep. :D

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks twerp poet I have saved your instructions as a PDF in my notes for quick reference.
The difference between a restart and reset is now very clear thanks.
And very easy to find
Thank you to Tim for that skill

Most reactions

Latest posts