What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotation lock is back?

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed in my settings that that slider on side can now lock rotation again OR be used to mute!
Settings gives me the two options. So have set to rotation lock.

Not sure when this came back, apologies if an old topic but pleased myself.
Its gone from the double click home button method though which is nw a mute button, they seem to interchange dependant one how you set up in settings. Much better.
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess this shows apple can listen to their customers

OP
S

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It was introducted in iOS 4.3 - some users went straight from 4.2 to 4.3.1 and might have missed that it was introduced in 4.3

Tim
Scotland

Ah ha thanks Tim BUT cant believe noone else on forum mentioned before....or did I miss it.
Pure chance I found it, so glad I did.
S

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It was introducted in iOS 4.3 - some users went straight from 4.2 to 4.3.1 and might have missed that it was introduced in 4.3

Tim
Scotland

Ah ha thanks Tim BUT cant believe noone else on forum mentioned before....or did I miss it.
Pure chance I found it, so glad I did.
S

I think it's mainly been discussed in other sections of the Forum - but glad you've got your rotation lock back now.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mute thing was so unnecessary when it only takes a second to hold the volume button down.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the mute and find it useful. When I'm giving a presentation with embedded sound I don't want 'system sounds' intervening. I can't get that any other way.

And, just before I go to bed, I can quickly slide the mute so that all those iPad Forum reported post emails that get sent to moderators don't keep me awake (not that moderators ever sleep). :)

Tim
Scotland

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And, just before I go to bed, I can quickly slide the mute so that all those iPad Forum reported post emails that get sent to moderators don't keep me awake (not that moderators ever sleep). :)

YOU don't sleep, babe. I, on the other hand, don't either.:D I agree with the emails we get! OMG. My phone goes bonkers!

Most reactions

Latest posts