What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Rotation - NOT locked

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. My iPad 2 screen sometimes doesn't want to auto rotate from vertical to horizontal. No, the little side switch is not in the lock position, also not in the settings menu. Have to hard reboot my iPad to correct this, then works for only a little while.

Should I take it back to the shop. About 8weeks old.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, if this keeps happening. You've found the 'solution' of a reboot but, for sure, this shouldn't then happen again. I'm assuming it's not a jail broken iPad?

Tim

OP
iPadsouth

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim. No jail broken anything will ever enter my house. Thanx for the advice. If it keeps on constantly I'll take it back. Not looking forward to a re-setup.

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. My iPad 2 screen sometimes doesn't want to auto rotate from vertical to horizontal. No, the little side switch is not in the lock position, also not in the settings menu. Have to hard reboot my iPad to correct this, then works for only a little while.

Should I take it back to the shop. About 8weeks old.

I had the same problem today for the first time since I have the ipad2, and I have had it since it first came out.

Reboot fixed it, but it is really weird that a number of users suddenly have the problem

Mike

OP
iPadsouth

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might not be illegal. But it's like buying a brand new car and ripping the seats out to fit a lounge suite. I like things as they are intended. 

On the topic. I haven't experienced the problem since my first post after the reboot.

Gmcyprus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slap it ,gently ,but slap it.that's the solution of the rotation lock problem . Probably something wrong with the magnets caused by the covers,when it happens close the cover by slapping it and it will be ok,I do it 3 times a day :)

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great - that 'slap, works fine. Better than the hassle of a reboot, for sure. Thanks.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPads screens rotate when you turn the iPad sideways and it should go back when you put it back to virtical.

Most reactions