What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotating Photo's

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I loaded photo's on my wifes Ipad via Itunes and found some are not rotated, no option to rotate them when veiwing, If I import photos from her phone via the Camera connection kit there is an option to rotate.

What is the best way to rotate images and keep them in the original folders

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's native Photo app has no option to rotate photos - they need to be in the correct orientation before they are imported. However, there are a number of third party apps - some free - that can rotate imported photos.

Look at Adobe Photoshop Express, which is free....

Tim

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I see your post above, but I am a little confused about photo rotation -- the iPad 2 User Guide has this entry on page 73:
"Rotate a photo: [FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]Tap [picture of rotate icon]. To rotate it more, tap again." [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set][FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]I attached a snip of this item. But my photos do not show this icon on the photos. What am I missing? Thanks. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Myriad Set,Myriad Set]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• iPad User Guide - Rotate Photos.JPG
    iPad User Guide - Rotate Photos.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 378

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the iPad original, but I believe the photos should be the same. When viewing a photo, touch it to show a menu bar. On the upper right are four icons. The third one is a rotate icon.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I have the iPad original, but I believe the photos should be the same. When viewing a photo, touch it to show a menu bar. On the upper right are four icons. The third one is a rotate icon.

Thanks, but I only have two items on the upper right -- one says "Slideshow"and the other is the icon that gets me email, wallpaper, print, etc. No rotate icon.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called "Fotolr PS HD" to rotate the pictures that I have taken and stored on my iPad. This app also includes some other good editing tools as well.

Reaction score
Photo Crop is small and free. All it does is crop and/or rotate, thus the small app size

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

cfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Experienced the same problem. Photos are displayed properly in my PC (Win 7) but after syncing to iPad, some (not all) portrait pictures are being displayed as landscape in iPad. Not sure how to use third party software to rotate photos as they look OK on PC. Are you suggesting to force a portrait photo to rotate to landscape mode on PC? It will display correctly on iPad after synced.

Most reactions

Latest posts