What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rotating pictures

serrafreire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I imported picture from a pc folder. some were not in the right axis (rotated).
I did the right rotation in the original folder, sync again and still wrong.
What's is the right path to be done. Thanks and happy new year!

henriks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also having the same problem. I´ve bought serveral apps that claim to do this but the problem is they all save the rotated picture in a new folder (saved photos) and does not replace/rotate the original file in its oroginal album.
They all look good/correct in windows (even tried to borrow a Mac just to rotate them and then moved them back to my winodws pc to improt them using Itunes) No luck! Getting really frustrated so any ideas would be appriciated.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The photo app is pretty primitive and desperately needs a revamp in the near future.

I find it's best just to organize, crop and rotate your photos in folders on your desktop/laptop before importing them into iTunes and syncing them onto the iPad.
Just saves tearing your hair out later......

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the app, photo sort for iPad. You can rotate and organize all your photos into albums and sort your pictures in the albums. It works extremely well for me. I think the app is only $1.99.

henriks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately rotation the pictures on my windows desktop doesnt help. they are all correctly rotated there but once synced to the IPAD they are wrongly rotated again:(
I´ve tried free photoshop but it saves them into a new folder doesnt change or rotate the actual picure in its original folder/album.
Question about Photo sort? If I arrange pictures and sort them with that app into albums, can I then use/see the albums from Ipad pictures? I really like the origami slide when the IPAD sits in its dock, uses it as a photo frame.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find a way for photo sort to do an origami slide show. It wll do a slide show but only one album at a time as far as I can tell.I have all my photos transferred from my pc to my iPad photo app in no order.I then have them all sorted into albums in the photo sort app. All the albums are listed alphabetically and the cover photo can be what you choose either numerically or alphabetically for any album.

Most reactions

Latest posts