What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roadrunner Email

mgn256

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't setup Roadrunner email. Keep getting an error message. AOL setup just fine. Any suggestions?

rainman4tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't tried on an iPad but I setup 2 laptops a couple of years ago for clients that had RR Email and it's tough. To stop spam they do not allow you to send email through there servers from outside of their network (such as while on 3-g or hotspot wifi). I don't remember it being hard to collect email just send, you will have to come up with another service to send email.
Rainman

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is tricky getting it set up for Roadrunner. Unfortunately, I did not save instructions for what I did once I figured it out, but I'll give it a shot.

Address = your email address
Description = whatever you are going to call this email address - only important if you are setting up multiples

Incoming Mail Server
Host Name = pop-server.yourcity.rr.com
where yourcity = whatever rr geographic location you are in
User Name = login (part before the @ in email address)
Password = xxxxxxx

SMTP
smtp-server.yourcity.rr.com set to ON and then select that section to keep going

Host Name = smtp-server.yourcity.rr.com
leave User Name and Password = blank
Use SSL = leave OFF
Authentication = set to Password
Server Port = 587 (that # is important)
then select DONE

Now go to ADVANCED

Incoming Settings
Use SSL = leave OFF
Authentication = Password
Server Port = 110 (again, important #)

If these do not work for you, try the thread below, you will get some info, but as I recall, I still had to go elsewhere for the solution.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/3635-cannot-successfully-set-up-roadrunner-email.html

Also try the info posted here:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Search Discussions

Most reactions

Latest posts