What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Risk of Jailbreaking iPad?

Bart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here however, this site helped me so much, I made an account :)

Anyways, I was thinking of jailbreaking my iPad, but I wasn't sure of the risks.
I do know it can crash and you can restore it, but is there any other risks such as bricking? Is there a way to completely destroy your iPad with a jailbreak (not a hammer :p)

Thanks in advance,
Bart

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably if you purposely try to do so, but not just by installing crappy apps usually. You might have to restore, but actually destroying it...you'd have to either be retarded or purposely trying to jack it up.

OP
B

Bart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't try to brake it, I might download multitasking, java, flash and that would be it probably, anyways, can you download flash and java? :eek:

EDIT: Btw, does that mean nothing can possibly render my iPad unusable, biggest problem is having to restore it?

Last edited:
OP
B

Bart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No to what, biggest risk being restore or not being able to download flash+java?
(I fail :()

OP
B

Bart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Matth3w, you're very helpful, sorry about my 'noobiness' =/

'Tis a shame about flash and java though :(

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Very slim to no chance of bricking from jailbreak. No flash install...

You do however want to think about security a little more if you jailbreak. For example if you install openssh make sure you change the default password or your iPad can be hacked or infected by a worm/virus.

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry MikesTooLz! what is the purpose of openssh? Thanks, i'm also a newbie but I love it here!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Sorry MikesTooLz! what is the purpose of openssh? Thanks, i'm also a newbie but I love it here!

OpenSSH lets you connect to your iphone/ipad from your computer over the network and have full access to view download upload or change any files on the device.

renawask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loss data of iPad

Hey, guys. maybe this is not my place but if i restore my jailbroken ipad. is the data contains on the ipad itself gonna loss, because im scared if i jailbreak my ipad and then i restore it. it will erased all the ipad data. hoping aswer, thanks:D

Most reactions

Latest posts