What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RGB to TV help please

Mck22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today i went out and bought a Wireless Keyboard and a mouse. I am hooking up my Macbook 13.3 to my tv with the apple connector and the RGB cable. However the screen seems to be to large for my tv. Everything on the desktop looks normal but when I open firefox or any other application it is HUGE. I went into my tv settings and put it all the settings and nothing looks good. Is there a setting on the mac i should switch? Thanks for your help!!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mck22 said:
Today i went out and bought a Wireless Keyboard and a mouse. I am hooking up my Macbook 13.3 to my tv with the apple connector and the RGB cable. However the screen seems to be to large for my tv. Everything on the desktop looks normal but when I open firefox or any other application it is HUGE. I went into my tv settings and put it all the settings and nothing looks good. Is there a setting on the mac i should switch? Thanks for your help!!!!

I don't think that your MacBook can be the cause of this, I used to have my mac hooked up to the TV, had to have a play with some third party screen res programmes to get it to look right but whatever you set the screen res to that's it, it shouldn't change randomly through programmes so maybe when a new window opens your tv is detecting a change in screen size and auto changing to fit.

You pay be better trying a specific mac forum.

One last thing, I always used an hdmi cable to connect, the rgb cable could be the cause of your problem, not because it is faulty but just because of the way your tv handles the incoming information.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts