reverse engineering of square stand

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by oqanani, May 19, 2014.

1. oqanani

oqanani
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So when I purchased my iPad I was told the square stand was made for the iPad 4 but the Verizon store was out of them. I went home and offered the usb register and thermal printer square recommended for the setup. Low and behold they don't support the square stand for the ipad4 anymore. So I'm left with the dilemma of creating one. Is there a way to get a lightning connector to a usb hub that I can plug in the register barcode scanner and thermal printer into that will also charge the iPad the way the register does. The only other option I could think of was buy a stand for the older iPad and put a 30 pin to lightning connector on it but then the iPad won't fit in the stand.

2. oqanani

oqanani
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I ordered a lightning to usb hub from amazon today that allows for an ac power adapter. It has to be powered because the thermal printer, barcode scanner, and register are powered via the usb. Thanks to amazon prime ill let you know in 2 days if it works or not.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I look forward to hearing how you solve the issue.

Good luck.

4. Rperez414

Rperez414
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I would just go check for it on eBay. You can find all kinds of discontinued stuff for sale there and it's probably going to be a lot cheaper than if you had purchased it retail.