What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reverse engineering of square stand

oqanani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So when I purchased my iPad I was told the square stand was made for the iPad 4 but the Verizon store was out of them. I went home and offered the usb register and thermal printer square recommended for the setup. Low and behold they don't support the square stand for the ipad4 anymore. So I'm left with the dilemma of creating one. Is there a way to get a lightning connector to a usb hub that I can plug in the register barcode scanner and thermal printer into that will also charge the iPad the way the register does. The only other option I could think of was buy a stand for the older iPad and put a 30 pin to lightning connector on it but then the iPad won't fit in the stand.

OP
O

oqanani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a lightning to usb hub from amazon today that allows for an ac power adapter. It has to be powered because the thermal printer, barcode scanner, and register are powered via the usb. Thanks to amazon prime ill let you know in 2 days if it works or not.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would just go check for it on eBay. You can find all kinds of discontinued stuff for sale there and it's probably going to be a lot cheaper than if you had purchased it retail.

Most reactions

Latest posts