Returning Ipad possibley for Samsung Gallery Tab due to no adobe cannot watch CW show

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by luvbugipad2, Nov 1, 2011.

1. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I thought I would be able to watch all my tv shows as I cannot get CBS or CW shows which all my favs are on without Adobe Flash or macromedia. It stinks as I know I will have to pay a restocking fee as well. I did not realize I could not get all my episodes and I know I could join Netflex Or HULU+ etc again another fee as I feel I spent enough on the device I thought that was the point. I thought since in my home we have like 5 ipods...2 MAC's Apple seemed like the logical choice since the account was already set up etc. I am very disappointed any suggestions out there as I am not very computer savvy as most. I just wanted this for TV.books and camera really and of course the internet. I know Samsung gallery tab has adobe our pc in house runs on Windows 7 so I think I would be okay with it. I like everything else but no adobe:( Any suggestions how I can get around this without Adobe? I think there would be more customers for the Ipad if it supported adobe. I have been watching my shows for 2.99 an episode thru Apple this week:( Help me please anyone?

2. jeffreydc

jeffreydc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Get Splashtop or iSwifter from app store and u won't have to worry about not having flash ever again.

3. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Have a look at Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad and the Skyfire Web Browser.

If you use the search feature (upper left-and corner of every page or the bottom of the iPF App) you'll find numerous, similar discussions.

Hope that helps!

4. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    NOTE: Please post any suggestions that can assist the OP, however this thread won't be allowed to devolve into another Flash pro/con thread. TIA! :)

5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    So what you are saying is that you did not do research before purchasing your ipad or you would have known that Apple does not and never has, nor never will, support flash.

Right?

6. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Netflix and Hulu are very worthwhile services to subscribe to. Tons of content and Hulu has many new shows up very soon after they play live. I understand the Flash thing not working for you but there are ways around it as others have pointed out.

7. Harley man

Harley man
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    try the app tv.com

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

8. jduncan

jduncan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    With splashtop do you log onto your own computer, or another server someplace?

9. Spink10

Spink10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Own comp

10. KelF

KelF
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Photon browser supports flash.