Raw photos workflow using iPad + Adobe Bridge

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Salvego, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Salvego

Salvego iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everybody!

Ok, I was doing a little research about raw photos workflow on iPad and I found several apps that somehow will help me.
    But I think none of them has the ability to write a xmp file with the settings. And I'm talking about image settings, like brightness, contrast, saturation, wb etc.

First, let me explain my current workflow:

- I go to the field, make some photos.
    - I come back to my office, download the photos into my pc.
    - I work with every picture in post-production using Adobe Bridge. The software saves a xmp file with my settings.
    - I go to my client and show him the photos I produced. If he wants adjustments, I'll do it live using my laptop, directly on Adobe Bridge.
    - After I get his approval, I send him the hires jpeg files rendered from the raw photos.

What do I want:
    - I go to the field, make some photos.
    - I stay in the field, donwload the photos on my ipad, and I work the post-production right in front my client.
    - This is important: I want to come back to my office, download the images to my pc and continue working on them, using the settings I already set on the iPad.
    - After I get his approval, I send him the hires jpeg files rendered from the raw photos.

The apps I tried didn't send the settings to Adobe Bridge. So I can only work on iPad. I can't continue to work on my PC. Of course, I could work all the photos on iPad and then export the jpeg from them, but still I would love to do it on my PC, because it has a bigger screen and I can pay attention to other details I might want to adjust.

So, here is my question:
    - Someone know an app that can edit Raw photos on iPad and the export the image settings to an xmp file, so I can continue to work on that photo using Adobe Bridge?
    - Or, can you suggest a better workflow?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. 0biwan

0biwan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same question, the difference is only that I use lightroom instead of bridge.

all the programs I've tried save the changes in a jpeg copy and I don't want that