Returning iPad 2 to Apple

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by gza1105, Aug 1, 2011.

1. antonczuba

antonczuba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Screen bleedding

To check for screen bleeding get a black image, put your brightness on max and go to a dark room. then check for white patches.

- have a different problem and i need help. i have an ipad 2 on ios 5 beta 5 and whenever i play a 720p or up movie in the videos app the movie stutters. is this a problem with my ipad or is it a problem with the os? all the movies are P4 format so is that a problem? as always all help is greatly appreciated! thank in advance

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried the 'fix it all' cure for the iPad; a complete power down, rather than simply putting the iPad to sleep? It fixes a whole load of problems...

Tim

3. antonczuba

antonczuba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean? Turn it off when I'm not using it instead of sleep?

4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    No - I mean if you have this stuttering problem, just turn it completely off, then on again. This 'restart' does a lot of internal 'cleaning up' and generally fixes a lot of 'issues'.

Another solution is to completely close the app in the multi-task bar. Double-tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar, press any icon in the multi-task bar until they all start to jiggle, then press the upper left hand corner of the app you want to close completely. This does not delete it, simply completely closes it. Now touch the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and then try again.

Tim

5. antonczuba

antonczuba
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. It was the beta 5 of ios 5... As soon as I updated it was fine. Thanks for the help though! Just by the way... I know how to close running applications... :)