What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning iPad 2 to Apple

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everyone

I contacted Apple due to a light bleeding in my ipad 2 and they said I can mail it and they can see what they can do or give me a new one.. I take a good care of my ipad but just today when cleaning it I noticed that it has a small scratch (like one inch long scratch) on the back. Do you think this will be an issue with apple? or would they just replace my screen? thanks

Abs007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bigseotechniques.com
The scratch is a minor cosmetic fault

I think they will see what is most cost effective and take it from there

I'm not sure what their promise is regarding repairs or replacement times

But more then likely I would assume they would replace with a new or similar condition iPad

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, if Apple has already authorized a return for the screen bleed the scratch shouldn't be an issue at all. You'll receive a replacement unit.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 2 replaced last weekend. The guy that helped me said he would replace it if the problem was a big enough deal to me, which it was or I wouldn't have driven the 1.5 hours to do so. He took my iPad to a back room and played a youtube video and verified that the light bleeding was noticeable.

I don't see a scratch on the back stop them from exchanging your iPad out. It's an aluminum back, it's going to get a scratch no matter how careful you are.

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jman09 said:
I just got my iPad 2 replaced last weekend. The guy that helped me said he would replace it if the problem was a big enough deal to me, which it was or I wouldn't have driven the 1.5 hours to do so. He took my iPad to a back room and played a youtube video and verified that the light bleeding was noticeable.

I don't see a scratch on the back stop them from exchanging your iPad out. It's an aluminum back, it's going to get a scratch no matter how careful you are.

Unless you get a rear invisible plastic shield/another form of screen protector for the rear.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF.

OP
G

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I returned my iPad 2 last Saturday!.. and so far Apple has been very nice.. they called me twice already to update me on my ipad case! and they said they are about to ship it to an Apple store near me! so Im just waiting! :)

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some are more noticeable than others. But either have a full black picture on the screen and go in a dark room and look at the edges of the screen to see any flares or light bleeding in. Or play a movie and the black bars on the top and bottom, and turn it to landscape mode and check the edges for light bleeding.

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read of a fix for this, but I cannot find the website.

basically, it advises turning the brightness down to 25%, doing a hard reset of the ipad, then check in a dark room. If still present, turn the brightness down again and reboot. Eventually, the bleed will disappear.
Haven't tried it myself as my screen appears to be OK

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

basically, it advises turning the brightness down to 25%, doing a hard reset of the ipad, then check in a dark room. If still present, turn the brightness down again and reboot. Eventually, the bleed will disappear.
Hmmm...seems like if it was that easy Apple would have been doing that ages ago instead of incurring the cost to replace all of those problematic iPad2's. Not saying that it might not work I suppose, but it's a physical defect, not a software issue.

The good news is that it was limited to early iPad2's and has since been resolved...although a few older units may still be floating around. It's pretty rare to hear of the problem these days.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Never heard or read of anyone reporting that their bleed has disappeared. Nor have I ever heard of a fix.

Interesting ~

Most reactions

Latest posts