What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resetting Password

Mizzicrazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im having trouble resetting my icloud & apple id password its saying iv got to wait 72 hours its bugging me coz i cant get to the apple help to request help iad to reset my fone since then my icloud login is saying password incorrect is the 72 hours normal iv changed my password bfor ??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you entered your password incorrectly several times in a row? That can cause a temporary lockout preventing you from logging in and changing your password.

OP
Mizzicrazi

Mizzicrazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ENDED UP SELLING IT IM LOOKING STILL FOR A CHEAP ONE SO I CAN TEACH MYSELF ........:rolleyes:

Melissa821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im having trouble resetting my icloud & apple id password its saying iv got to wait 72 hours its bugging me coz i cant get to the apple help to request help iad to reset my fone since then my icloud login is saying password incorrect is the 72 hours normal iv changed my password bfor ??
I experienced same thing, I was so frustrated cause apple couldn't help me but I got a way to fix it without losing my files

Mowpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have asked about this too! And like you I have come to the wrong place for help. The people on this forum become deaf mutes when you ask for technical help. Unless it’s something super super easy find some other forum

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have asked about this too! And like you I have come to the wrong place for help. The people on this forum become deaf mutes when you ask for technical help. Unless it’s something super super easy find some other forum

You were given answers that would solve your problem; I.e. the way to receive text messages over a landline.

Mowpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You were given answers that would solve your problem; I.e. the way to receive text messages over a landline.
No I was told I should be able to do it. No info beyond that, just like if I told you you should be able to wire in a 100 amp service.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be fair, your question was not of a technical nature. You said you didn’t know your Apple ID so you couldn’t change your forgotten password. I explained where to find your Apple ID. Any emails Apple sends will appear in Mail.

Mowpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was not technical what does that even mean? Look up the definition of technical. Do questions asked here have to be technical? im guessing by what you think technical is that simple would be it’s opposite. And yet i have not received one iota of help.

Mowpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this question how do I resign from this forum, maybe a very smart person here can answer this question unless it is not technical enough.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was not technical what does that even mean? Look up the definition of technical. Do questions asked here have to be technical? im guessing by what you think technical is that simple would be it’s opposite. And yet i have not received one iota of help.

You have received help which should have enabled you to regain full access to your device. Have you followed any of the instructions you were given. BTW, your iCloud email address was created when you first set up your new device.
If you can provide Apple with proof that you’re the legal owner of your device(original sales receipt), they can help you.

Mowpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to get a text through the land line. This is what was told to me. Not how to do it. Not even if it were really possible. Saying something like that to a computer illiterate, is not something anyone could construe as help. just tell me how, or since you are the all god knowing moderator, just cancel my membership here,

Most reactions

Latest posts