What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reset ipad

haidalicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if I reset my ipad to factory settings, do I loose all my data and photos? my ipad is saying "not charging" when I plug it in and I have no idea what is wrong

dman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure about the data or photos but some USB ports will not supply enough power to charge the iPad. I had the same situation.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haidalicious said:
if I reset my ipad to factory settings, do I loose all my data and photos? my ipad is saying "not charging" when I plug it in and I have no idea what is wrong

This is quite normal behaviour. The iPad is infact charging when connected to a USB socket even when it says it isn't. Because the USB socket provides less power than a wall socket it is only trickle charging but it is charging all the same even though it is telling you that it isn't. So, unless you have another reason to restore your iPad then there really is no need to.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to charge at the optimum speed, always use the power supply that came with the iPad. Anything else (including similar looking chargers for other devices) do not supply as much power. Most will charge the iPad, but at half the speed (at best), and that's when it's sleeping.

If you decide to buy a second charge for the iPad (like a car charger) make sure it says it supplies 10W, (or Outputs 5V at 2A (aprox)).

Most reactions

Latest posts