What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with factory reset

Steve In Kent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought a used iPad Pro 12.9 1st generation.

I am trying to factory reset it without success.

I’ve tried Settings, Reset, Erase all content and settings

and it comes up with

Remove All Mobile Data Plans
This will remove all data plans from your iPad. Your subscriptions will not be cancelled etc.

This iPad hasn’t got a sim.

I have also tried the off/home button but it’s still got my name and all the apps

I’ve searched the problem but can’t find a solution.

Any help would be very welcome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since you don't have a mobile plan, have you tried just agreeing with the iPad to remove the mobile plan? If you're mistaken, plans can be removed and/or re-added through your carrier.

OP
S

Steve In Kent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you don't have a mobile plan, have you tried just agreeing with the iPad to remove the mobile plan? If you're mistaken, plans can be removed and/or re-added through your carrier.
I have, nothing changes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I recommend you contact Apple Tech Support. You can do this through their Support app, in the app store. Or if you are close to an Apple Store see if you can bet an appointment to bring it in for a diagnostic.

There is rarely a charge for this kind of issue, but if there is they will let you know before proceeding.

Most reactions

Latest posts