What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repairing & Syncing Contacts

donebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a mess with contacts. I think I made it myself but I don't know how to fix it.

I have an Ipad 3 that I got 2 years ago. At the time that I got it, I uploaded all of my companies contacts from Outlook to it. I have 1,969 contacts on the Ipad. I have a lot of duplicates, some where I have, for an example, an email address for David Jones and a cell phone number under Dave Jones. It's a mess but I have been putting up with it.

I just acquired my first smartphone, an IPhone, 3GS. Yes it's old but it works and that's what I need. After setting it up, it has 651 contacts, most of those set up on there automatically. I added a few manually from my old phone.

When I go to Icloud, I only have 21 contacts.

I was told at the Apple store that the Contacts that were uploaded from Outlook won't upload to ICloud. I'm sure that I have more than 21 that weren't from Outlook but I don't know how to check.

What I would like to be able to do, and I don't even know if it is possible, is to combine all of these lists, edit them in some kind of a grid like format, like a spreadsheet, where I could easily see all of the contacts and sort it in different orders and delete all of the duplicates easily, then upload it back up somehow and have them synced from all three places. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts