Renting current movies in austalia?

Discussion in 'Australian General Discussions' started by 55julie55, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    An entertainment free zone is a zone with no entertainment (rather than a zone with free entertainment!).

The Archangel

2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can set up a USA account with iTunes this has been discussed before in the Australian subforum. As for cost yes the content available is huge not only movies but also songs. Movies are less expensive on the USA iTunes even allowing for dollar exchange and commissions from whom you use. .. If you are with big pond there is NO down load cost where as with iTunes you need a solid 50 gb month minimum. I can point you how to access iTunes USA. Just send a pm. Ok. As for other services they are covered by copy right and it does not matter if you have a million dollars you cannot access those sites from Australia. Options do exist however we cannot discuss them in this forum

Regard down load you need a fast Internet connection either Adsl2 or cable you may not have that I don't know. Let me know where you live in Aus your type of modem and model number plus what plan you are on. I use Apple tv 1st generation , iPad 2 via wifi and have no problems down loading any thing to the Mac, Apple TV or iPad and iPhones plus iPod touch so your issue may be what you connect with and nothing to do with the iPad.

3. 55julie55

55julie55
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Is there anyway to see in advance the U.S. iTunes site.?
    Would likes to see what might be on offer prior to setting up !

4. ChristianaR

ChristianaR
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have an App called AppsMosaic as it can show the top Apps by country -both paid and free, and for all the categories. It's pretty useful!

5. bencarl

bencarl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi There.

I maybe barking up the wrong tree here but try Quickflix. I have used QF for a long time now renting DVD's by mail and they have a new Streaming Facility I haven't tried.

Don't know if it will work with iPad but does work with PC!

Online DVD Rental and Movie Streaming at Quickflix

Ben

6. 55julie55

55julie55
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Ben,
    Will check it out.
    Fingers crossed.

7. johnp73

johnp73
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, while on the subject of movies I wondering if someone could answer my question <sorry to crash this thread> I am new to the whole iTunes thing but was wondering how much it costs. For example does the rental price of the movie include broadband usage costs? The reason I ask is because I pay $10 a GB with Optus and a HD movie say is 3GB so that would be around $30 plus the cost of the rental. surely this can not be the case can it?

thanks in advance for any clarity you can give me.
    Cheers

8. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The cost of renting is unlikely to include the cost of the download. One cost is levied by your ISP, the other by the movie rental company.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

9. johnp73

johnp73
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    so Am I on the wrong plan? Surely it must be a lot cheaper per GB to make this even start to look worthwhile.. Any suggestions on plans in that case. I am on prepaid ATM. $80 for 8gb.

10. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm in Canada so I don't know about plans in Oz. we do have members from your part of the world though. Hopefully they'll pitch in.