Removing Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by kevinthemovie, Dec 26, 2010.

1. kevinthemovie

kevinthemovie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just recently got an iPad running the iOS 4.2.1. I jailbroke it earlier today, not knowing that there were so many problems with it. I haven't experienced any of the problems on here and I haven't downloaded anything from cydia. I have, however, bought a few paid apps from the default App Store. How can I remove the jailbreak and keep all of my apps I previously had?

2. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Do a restore with iTunes and it will remove the jailbreak. And it you already paid for the app then you don't have to pay for it if you download it after you restore. And iTunes will back it up anyway.

3. kevinthemovie

kevinthemovie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks a lot. When I restore using itunes should I restore to factory settings or from last backup?

4. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    If you want to not have to download the apps on the iPad restore from a backup. But if you want a clean slate, restore to factory settings.

5. fredsmith219

fredsmith219
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If I do a restore to factory settings, does that wipe out all evidence of a jailbreak? I.E., can Apple detect that it was jailbroken and refuse warranty service?

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

Apple cannot tell.

7. fredsmith219

fredsmith219
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Cool, thanks for the info.

8. l..k

l..k
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If I jailbroken my 4.2.1 and installed a few Cydia apps is it also safe to restore from backup (iTunes)? I hope so, but I am very confused now as many posts tell about SHSH keys which I do not have and cannot obtain for 4.2.1 anymore.

Can you confirm a more generic theis: One can do whatever like with iPad untill it works and iTunes can Restore backup on it. After restore all data is restored like bit copy of the whole filesystem.

I keep fingers crossed that it is true

9. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    You can restore whenever you want without any problems.

The only time you would need SHSH blobs is when installing an older firmware (such as 3.2) again,, but for restoring iTunes backups this is not nessessary.

10. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Jail breaking doesn't mess up devices. It's only when u download and install something from cydia from which u did no research on that problems occur. I never had one issue jail breaking and done it several times since I got my iPad back in July. So it's kinda false to say there are problems associated with jail breaking. There are none. Only User Errors..lmao
    If u wish to go back to restricted OEM access, just wipe clean and restore. U can still get ur apps back n apple would never be able to tell u jailbroke in the first place.
    Jailbroken iPads run wayy better thn stock. With all the speed n usability tweaks, Jailbreak is the way to go.
    Research 1st. Don't go jumping into the deep end without lookin and knowing how to swim. So for the record, there are no problems associated with jail breaking, only problems with what YOU did afterwards ;-) u can't go trying to install any and everything from cydia..lol