What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my ipad mini's jailbreak trying to kill itself?!

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been on my ipad for two days and I have 5 changes for Cydia.

image-1785602280.jpg

One of them is the removal of the untethered jailbreak.

View attachment 35610

If I want to install anything on Cydia, the installation is followed by the removal of the jailbreak.

image-2734710074.jpg

Then it displays an error that my device would be useless with out the jailbreak.

image-53384157.jpg

What the hell is going on?!?

OP
MarcusOy

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, the second picture is broken.

image-2704374743.jpg

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the preference loader update too. Now a bit worried to install it.:eek:

P/s - I think I was using Evasi0n win-1.2.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is, you are trying to remove the evasi0n package. You should not be. At best you should be updating it. Removing the evasi0n package will be a disaster!

Clear the queue, form the "Changes" tab, and then try and update all again. Do NOT remove evasi0n. :D

OP
MarcusOy

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The problem is, you are trying to remove the evasi0n package. You should not be. At best you should be updating it. Removing the evasi0n package will be a disaster!

Clear the queue, form the "Changes" tab, and then try and update all again. Do NOT remove evasi0n. :D

It still won't comply

image-4105512778.jpg

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That error message tells me you have potentially done something silly, such as tried to spoof the version number of IOS on your device. Cydia does NOT think that you have IOS 6.x installed. Show me a screenshot of the bottom of the Cydia home page on your device where it tells you what device and version of IOS you have running please...

OP
MarcusOy

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That error message tells me you have potentially done something silly, such as tried to spoof the version number of IOS on your device. Cydia does NOT think that you have IOS 6.x installed. Show me a screenshot of the bottom of the Cydia home page on your device where it tells you what device and version of IOS you have running please...

Oh I remember now! I fake changed my version number for mewseek to work!

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score

F4780y...u are so clever.

OP
MarcusOy

MarcusOy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. I changed my system number to the one needed and upgraded. Instead of updating, it deleted itself. I'm now restoring and jail breaking again.

Most reactions