What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to remove jailbreak and jailbreak again!???

AAA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have iPad2 iOS 5.0.1 jail broken by absinthe. But I have some problems like Cydia is not working since few days...
My question is, can I remove the current jailbreak and jailbreak again without restoring my iOS?? And losing data and apps????
Hope anyone can help?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it is not possible with an iPad2. The only way for you to remove the jailbreak is to restore the iPad.

When you restore it, you will have to install iOS 5.1, which is not jail breakable on the iPad2 at this time. It doesn't matter if you have SHSH blobs or not. They work differently now - and are not effective for the iPad2.

Marilyn

OP
AAA

AAA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But why I can't restore to 5.0.1, I already have it downloaded in my PC, what is the issue that I have to go to 5.1???

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But why I can't restore to 5.0.1, I already have it downloaded in my PC, what is the issue that I have to go to 5.1???

Apple has stopped signing the iOS 5.0.1 so no choice except to restore to 5.1

OP
AAA

AAA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still on 5.0.1. If I save SHSH, then is it possible to restore to same 5.0.1 and jailbreak again???

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From your signature you are using iPad2, so the answer to your post is no.
Read the post directly above your from Marilyn that have a link to a more detailed explanation about SHSH blobs.

OP
AAA

AAA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Force to update to 5.1.1 and no longer jailbroken, have to wait for 5.1.1 jailbreak :(( :(( :((

Alexkwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can restore all in your ipad2 and jailbreak again.
Do not update device,No one knows what the time does 5.1jailbreak.

OP
AAA

AAA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was not possible to restore, because apple don't let restore to 5.0.1 again. You have to update to 5.1.1

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts