What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove bookmark bar across top?

OP
M

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari...

I often hit in error when wanting to go to another open web session. If I want to go to a bookmark, I'd rather just hit the bookmark icon. It'd also give me another 1/4" of screen real-estate.

Thanks

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hah I hate that too.
I switch to the iCab browser when I want something full screen, especially streaming tv.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to settings, Safari, Always show Bookmark Bar and tick it off to remove it. It will come out again every time you tap in the search bar and roll back out of view when you're done.

Vika Maya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just go in the download manager of your I-Pad and simply remove the application..... Works well with a I Phone..... Have got no idea regrading a I Pad or stuff......

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is set to off Ivan, but still shows the bar when using online tv :(

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is set to off Ivan, but still shows the bar when using online tv :(
Oh! I've never come across that phenomenon... When you changed the setting, was Safari turned off in the multitasking bar? How about doing a reset?

If you empty both the Bookmarks menu and the Bookmarks Bar would it have any effect?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably, but can't be bothered to try as I expect it's the website coding rather than browser end :)
As it is I have all the tv bookmarks on iCab.

If it ain't broke........law of conservation of energy......

Most reactions

Latest posts