What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote file storage / back-up

apophesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all - I was wondering if you knew of any good apps that allow for remote file storage or back-up? I'm going to be traveling this summer with only my iPad and the camera connector kit but want to make sure to back-up my pictures. Is there any app or program that I can use to upload the photos from my iPad to a remote storage site?

Thanks in advance!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Several plans are out there - Apple has one called MobileMe, you get 2 months free trial with your iPad.

OP
A

apophesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With MobileMe can you upload files to your iDisk directly from you iPad?

I've been playing with dropbox and it appears that it resizes your photos when you upload them...which is a problem. Any other ideas of programs that will easily let me upload the photos in one big batch (as opposed to uploading them one-by-one)?

Thanks again!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my photos, I have a premium photobucket account and flickr account. All of my personal photos go to my photobucket and all of my random things, like pictures of my car, random funny pictures, screenshots, etc all go to my flickr. And the iPad has an app for both websites.

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
With MobileMe can you upload files to your iDisk directly from you iPad?

I've been playing with dropbox and it appears that it resizes your photos when you upload them...which is a problem. Any other ideas of programs that will easily let me upload the photos in one big batch (as opposed to uploading them one-by-one)?

Thanks again!

Drop Box does not resize your photos. If they are being resized, its the iPad / iPhone that is resizing them. I have over 40,000 photos in my Drop Box account. None of them have been resized and I sync them all across 6 different machines.

Most reactions

Latest posts