What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal Remote recommendations?

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking at Making my Ipad 3 into a Universal Remote. I have too many remotes as it is and saw a thread about this a few weeks ago. I've been doing some research online. Originally looking at the Beacon with the Dijit app. I didn't like some of the reviews and uses batteries, so would be going through a lot of $$ on batteries. I've kind of narrowed it down to the L5 Universal Remote and the Re Universal Remote. I'm leaning towards the L5 just because it's App and customization I like a little more, but The Re Universal remote got some good reviews also. The L5 is cheaper also. I like the fact that these two just plug into the power port on the Ipad and use no batteries. I am worried though, that I'll have to take my back cover off the Ipad or customize the opening to fit the device that plugs into the Ipad. Anybody have any recommedations between the two or any others I might have missed? Also how are the apps that come with the ones I mentioned or any you can recommend?

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you taken a look at the Logitech Harmony Link?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions