What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best remote desktop app? I purchased itap but having trouble getting connected. I'm new to this,so any step by step instruction would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Raiderspen said:
Thanks,is it an easy setup? Do I need to load up on laptop first

Yep. The setup is super easy. You download the app on your iPad and the software onto your laptop (you can get it from http://www.splashtop.com/remote/download?from=product )
There is no setup needed, just install the app and program and you are ready to go.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splash top is ok. Team viewer is also available and free. There are a bunch of actual rdp protocol programs which don't need anything installed locally. I use team viewer and splash top (they had a sale for $1) but sometimes irdesktop. It's free but won't do native resolution. Would prefer just plain rdp but don't want to buy :)

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump desktop is a bit pricy ($20), but it's vnc/rdp was plug & play with 4 computers, even on the corporate network. Intuitive controls. As a bonus, it has a free desktop to desktop viewer that comes in the desktop software. Use it to use my home computer to log into work. Recommended by my IT guy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

OP
R

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the free version of spashtop to work fine. As soon as I upgraded,haven't been able to connect. Also,didn't realize splash top doesn't work if I'm not on the same network. What's up with that? Help
Thxs

OP
R

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out the jump desktop and it really seemed to be what I'm looking for. Seems worth the $20

Most reactions

Latest posts