Recommendation, Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SPROINGY, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I’m very embarrassed to post this. But I’ve been embarrassed before, so...

It’s about email. On my mind is this: Currently, there are several email services that have been around 20-odd years. Long time! My concern is that ‘ancient’ email services like those are more vulnerable to hacking.

OTOH, there are newer email services that are more (much more?) secure than those 20 year old ancient services. E.g. New emails have end-to-end encryption and more.

The issue with the newer emails is configuration; I find them very difficult if not impossible to configure. Haven’t found one.

I’m *not* looking for an email service that a 2 year old could crack; OTOH, I’d like an email that offers more up-to-date security without it being a pain to configure and login to.

Any recommendations? I hope so! :)

#1 SPROINGY, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  2. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

3. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Check out Brave browser.i use it a lot on my various devices. It has good reviews on security.
    SORRY, I just noticed you were talking about email clients. In that case, you might look at Proton mail. It,s an encrypted email client based in Switzerland. I’m currently using it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi Ed 1944!
    Yeah, I heard about Brave browser. Do you reckon it’s better than DuckDuckGo?

I tried ProtonMail, ha! I just couldn’t configure it properly, which is to to say these days they say Proton can be secured equally with or without an authenticator. I have my doubts about that. I want 2FA, I think it’s more secure.

Thanks, I’ll check out Brave browser!