What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading emails?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any way to show an open email message in full screen or does the list always have to be shown on the left side?
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to show an open email message in full screen or does the list always have to be shown on the left side?
Thanks

If you turn your iPad to portrait orientation, only the mail is shown. It's not possible in landscape orientation, afaik.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, another email question- is there any way to quickly return to the mail program after opening a link from email.. .? such aas A finger swipe? (This doesn't seem to do anything!)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have multigestures enabled, you should be able to do a four/five-finger swipe on either side of the screen to go back to the Mail app from Safari. The action is to start at the side bezel and then swipe from one side of the other.

You can easily move between all open apps using this method. Takes a bit of practice (and I always forget which way to swipe to get to the app I want). Still, it's much faster than using the buttons and re-opening apps.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work. How do I check to see if this feature is enabled?

Most reactions

Latest posts