What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quicktime video: autoplay for iPad

lleoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've embedded a mov file in my web page so it can be seen in Mac's Safari and iPad.

I've done the way this code shows:
<object classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' codebase='qtplugin.cab' height='393' width='700'>
<embed src='mymov.mov' autoplay='true' height='393' width='700' type='video/quicktime' pluginspage='download'>
</object>

And everything goes fine but for the autoplay in iPad. The video starts as soon as the page is loaded in my mac's Safari but when loaded in iPad, needs the click to play.

Anyone knows why is this happening and how can I make the video play automatically in iPad?

Thanks a lot

nirvanatgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<object classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' codebase='qtplugin.cab' height='393' width='700'>
<embed src='mymov.mov' autoplay='1' height='393' width='700' type='video/quicktime' pluginspage='download'>
</object>

i thin change autoplay from true = 1

Most reactions

Latest posts