What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QuickTime for iPad

JeffWeiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As flash player is not supported by this device, I wanted to find out more about downloading QuickTime and using as the video player!

How to download, install and use?

Thank you!

Jeff

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Good to "see" you and hope you enjoy your visits.

Quick Time is not something you can download to the iPad. You can only load apps from the App Store onto the iPad, and Quick Time is not available as an app.

However, many people have had success with an app called OPlayer HD to view their videos. And, there is a lite version so you can see if it'll work for you before plunking down the cash for the fancier version. There are many, many, many video viewing apps at the store, this is only my suggestion. I am sure others will be along to give you ideas on what they use...

Marilyn

OP
JeffWeiss

JeffWeiss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Welcome to the forum! Good to "see" you and hope you enjoy your visits.

Quick Time is not something you can download to the iPad. You can only load apps from the App Store onto the iPad, and Quick Time is not available as an app.

However, many people have had success with an app called OPlayer HD to view their videos. And, there is a lite version so you can see if it'll work for you before plunking down the cash for the fancier version. There are many, many, many video viewing apps at the store, this is only my suggestion. I am sure others will be along to give you ideas on what they use...

Marilyn

Thank you Marilyn
Main concern is that I have purchased several movies via Amazon Instant Video which requires me to have Flash Player, which I can't have with Ipad. These are movies stored on line with Amazon in "My Library"

Jeff

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll, as far as I know, there is no way to view a video from Amazon natively on the iPad. And believe me, I've tried! I've lurked at Amazon's video site, but, as far as I can tell, there is nothing about viewing their videos. As an Amazon Prime user, I would be so psyched to use the iPad for that. Guess Amazon wants us to buy a Kindle Fire...

You can however, use a remote login app (such as Splashtop or Logmein or many others) to see the video remotely while it plays on your home computer. I've not tried this (don't watch many movies, TBH), but since you can view your computer via the remote apps, I don't see why you can't. Might be worth a shot?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts