What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickoffice documents open from sd card and save to sd card?

Geertrijns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

i want to open word documents from sd card, edit them with quick office and save them to THE sd card. Is this possible ?

Thans for THE response

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dear all,

i want to open word documents from sd card, edit them with quick office and save them to THE sd card. Is this possible ?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Now, if you are talking about using the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) shown below - the answer is no; each of the components will accept either a USB or SD card attachment for importing pictures from your digital camera. The SD cards need to be formatted specifically for camera use w/ a DCIM folder. Simply putting Word files on a SD card and trying an import into the the iPad is not possible, as already stated.

Several other options are emailing the files to yourself or putting them in the 'cloud' (Apples own cloud service, Dropbox, or aboves can be used). Good luck and please post back your solutions - may help others.

21nwKQDYGRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

OP
G

Geertrijns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reaction

Thanks for your awnser. I have THE connection kit. I can open word documents from THE kit in quick office. THE only problem is i can not save them back to THE connection kit. So this is not possible?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Now, if you are talking about using the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) shown below - the answer is no; each of the components will accept either a USB or SD card attachment for importing pictures from your digital camera. The SD cards need to be formatted specifically for camera use w/ a DCIM folder. Simply putting Word files on a SD card and trying an import into the the iPad is not possible, as already stated.

Several other options are emailing the files to yourself or putting them in the 'cloud' (Apples own cloud service, Dropbox, or aboves can be used). Good luck and please post back your solutions - may help others.

View attachment 36934

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your awnser. I have THE connection kit. I can open word documents from THE kit in quick office. THE only problem is i can not save them back to THE connection kit. So this is not possible?

Hmm - must be a feature of Quick Office (QO), which I have not used (have iWork on my iPad2) - I'm assuming that you are using the 'stock' iPad, i.e. not jailbroken? Not sure 'what' options QO gives you to save and/or send files? Hopefully, someone who has used this app will 'chime in' w/ some help - good luck. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you have a jail broken iPad ... ?

Yes, you can open documents on an SD card in an app. However, any saved files will be in that app. As it is not normal"/stock behavior for an app to save any where else than its within its own area (unless, of course, it has the "Open In..." function to open in heat another app).

You will need to use a tweak such as iFile ($5, USD, at Cydia)to move the newly updated file back to the SD card. In fact, if I remember correctly, once you have iFile installed, you can use the app's "Open In..." Function to save it to a specific location in iFile - which can be the SD card.

Hope that clarifies. If not (or I've confused the issue too much), let us know and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
G

Geertrijns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hai Marilyn

I M a bit confused. I have THE ifile. I can open a file in example quickoffice but i can only save it to THE app. After this i must save it to THE sd card.

Is this correct?
(No other way)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in QuickOffice, do you not have the option to "Open In..."? If yes, you can choose to open the file in iFile. From there, you can either cut/paste or copy/paste the file to the SD card.

Marilyn

Most reactions