What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy / transfer files from iPad to SD Card

Hooray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi HDD w SD Card Readers

I receive emails via my 4G 4th gen iPad that contain a .gpx GPS track file. I want to transfer these non-image, non-pic files from my iPad to an SD card. Without jailbreaking what are my options? Thinking the new wifi HDD with SD cards might do this but would need the "explorer" file app to transfer the files I would think. Does this exist or work without jailbreaking? If not, then what are my jailbreaking options, smaller is better, must be self powered as I am mobile. Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I receive emails via my 4G 4th gen iPad that contain a .gpx GPS track file. I want to transfer these non-image, non-pic files from my iPad to an SD card. Without jailbreaking what are my options? Thinking the new wifi HDD with SD cards might do this but would need the "explorer" file app to transfer the files I would think. Does this exist or work without jailbreaking? If not, then what are my jailbreaking options, smaller is better, must be self powered as I am mobile. Thanks.

Your best bet is to check out the IPad Connect section of the forum. Many wireless devices, some which have SD card slots for wireless transfer of files.

Most reactions

Latest posts