What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about Pages

kenz0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched the forum to find an answer to this but i couldn't find one. Is there a way to edit the documents created to have like double spacing?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched the forum to find an answer to this but i couldn't find one. Is there a way to edit the documents created to have like double spacing?

Open the document.
Press and hold the screen until pop up box appears
Choose Select All
From menu bar choose 'i' (information)
Choose Layout
Adjust Line Spacing

Tim

ladyk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to buy pages would you recommend it? Can you save the files on iPad to email etc? Can u add photos to it was well? Can u upload them to google docs? Can u open a word doc from am email and edit it in pages?

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to buy pages would you recommend it? Can you save the files on iPad to email etc? Can u add photos to it was well? Can u upload them to google docs? Can u open a word doc from am email and edit it in pages?

Thanks!

The short answer to all your questions is 'Yes'

You can save Pages files - either in PDF or .doc format to an email as an attachment and then send it from the iPad's native email app.

You can add photos that are on the iPad in the iPad's native Photos app.

Uploading to Google docs is a little more tricky because Safari doesn't have the option to upload documents so I do this indirectly via cloud storage.

A document sent as an email attachment - either in .doc or .docx format - can be opened from the iPad's native Mail app in Pages.

Again - as I mentioned earlier - Pages does 'struggle' with complex formatted documents. You'll find several threads on this Forum where Members have carried out quite comprehensive 'tests' of Pages so that you'll be able to see how it handles various formatting tasks.

Tim

ladyk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim that is great info! I don't like the google docs edit feature especially on spreadsheets so I was hoping I could create and edit them in pages or numbers then re-upload them back in google docs. I will check the threads for more tips. Thanks again so much I'll go purchase it now. I was hoping they let you get the suite for cheaper instead of each a la carte but I guess not.

ladyk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found a app called Powerdocs HD made for google. (google docs client) by Appurpose Studio... It app eras I may can up and download using this what do you think? Cloud is not released yet is it? Or are you using a Mac account?

Most reactions

Latest posts