What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Document in Pages export as PDF question

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Pages will allow a created document to be exported as a PDF. I don't have Pages at this time and if it does this particular function, I might just purchase it. Here's what I would like to do:
Create a document in Pages, export it as a PDF, but do so, using ONLY the iPad alone without involving the need to sync from my desktop. I already have Documents to Go, which I do like and appreciate, but I can't export anything as a PDF. I create Word Documents and from my desktop, I then export them to Docs to Go, then sync in Docs to Go to get the PDF on my iPad. I would like to be able to do this ALL from my iPad. Worse comes to worse, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing because it still works. But it would be sweet to be able to do it all in one fell swoop. I have been unable to find a PDF creator app just for iPad either; I would prefer that over a whole extra word processing program since I already have Docs to Go, but to stay on topic, will Pages allow what I want?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe this would help. DropDAV - "http://dropdav.com/" used with iPages?

DropDAV - access your Dropbox via the WebDAV standard

Review at TUAW - DropDAV: An easy way to link iWork for iPad and Dropbox

Nice, answers the rest of the answer I was going to give but couldn't.

Pages will let you save to iDisk or a WebDav account in three formats, native, PDF, and .doc. It will load documents from the same sources, though obviously it won't load and edit a PDF.

So, if the other programs you use can access iDisk or a WebDav account it would be usable.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, a quick search of the App Store shows Save2PDF for iPad.

It says it will work with Documents to Go. Only one review, but the developer seems to have a good reputation.

OP
Z

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, a quick search of the App Store shows Save2PDF for iPad.

It says it will work with Documents to Go. Only one review, but the developer seems to have a good reputation.

Oh my gosh! Sweet! I did a search in iTunes of just the term PDF, hoping it would be a catch all search and it just wasn't for me. I have been following and participated in other threads on this too with no luck. I also did not check recent updates, which if I had, this would have shown and I would have maybe read it. Thank you so much. This is exactly what I'm looking for!
Thanks pocobear too, I am still going to look that up too.

OP
Z

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to help. I'll just hope the app turns out to be all you want, so I don't end up on your bad karma llst. :)

LOL. No bad karma there! I will be checking it out later tonight! It sounds like it will do what I want. You made a suggestion. I'm the one to look at it and hit the purchase button! :D

OP
Z

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And turns out Save2PDF does just what I wanted. No more syncing needed. Woo hoo! I can type a document in Docs 2 Go and open it in Save to PDF, then just open it in Noterize from there. That's all I wanted to do, to be able to do this all on iPad. Great find!

OP
Z

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely. I'm most pleased, as I like to review documents and make notes. No program out there that allows that in Word format, thus the conversion to PDF being needed. It's just nice to be able to do this all on iPad now.

Most reactions

Latest posts