What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding auto word suggestions

allen319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that when I type, suggested words appear. Sometimes they make no sense. Is there a way to edit these suggested words? Often, whatever I type gets replaced by these suggestions and I don't notice that what I type was replaced. Thanks.

Reaction score
The autosuggestions are not great.

You can only have them on, or off. This can be done under Settings->General->Keyboard. It is not possible to have it only show suggestions, but not autocorrect. For that you would need to jb.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you tap the suggested word that appears in blue it leaves the spelling you typed alone, this isn't always great however as I don't look at the typed letters when typing and look at the keyboard instead. It would be better if it learned as you typed and didn't suggest the whacky words it comes up with from time to time.

It would be nice if the iPad gave a visual or audio indication when it decides your spelling isn't correct, a chime or a flash of the keyboard colour for instance, to notify you it's going to change the text you've entered.

Most reactions

Latest posts