What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about apps

Matterial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cousin downloaded DeadSpace on his iPod Touch earlier, and then later he downloaded it on his iPad (the HD version), but it didn't charge him.

I'm just wondering, is this some sort of glitch?

If you have an app in your iTunes and download the HD version on your iPad does it not charge you?

Thanks!

(also, I checked his purchase history and it only has the purchase on there once)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you signed up to iTunes - buried in the small print...

"(ii) You shall be authorized to use Products on five Apple-authorized devices at any time, except for Content Rentals (see below)."

Tim

OP
M

Matterial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, I appreciate the response but it doesn't really answer my question.

I realize you can use the app on other devices, but on his iPad it's Dead Space HD, and on his iPod it's just the regular Dead Space.

If you buy the regular, non-HD, version of an app, do you get the HD version of it on your iPad?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget iTunes sometimes has a delay of a day and then ping you are charged. I've had this before, they lump purchases together over a period of days. So I'd wait and see. It could come through today or tomorrow.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If he bought it over the weekend, they had it on sale for 99 cents. So don't be surprised if when the charge rolls in it's less than expected, unless of course it was already expected. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes an app is universal, one app for both devices. In this case what Tim said applies. Since it would be the same app for both devices, you would only get charged once.

However, looking at the iTunes store the DeadSpace app is not universal. You should have to pay separately for the iPhone and iPad editions.

Reaction score
The game should eventually show up in the purchase history. If the bought app is of a low price, it takes a while longer, because the AppStore tries to bundle purchases together, so that you don't get a bunch of $0.99 purchases.

The iPod and HD versions are indeed not universal, so you will be charged twice. If no other purchases have been made, a single $0.99 app can take up to a week, before Apple charges you for it.

Most reactions