What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Productivity Apps

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried out iTranslate this morning, which I believe is still free. Works a treat translating English to Portuguese.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do these translator apps do beyond what Google Translate does? I've downloaded a bunch but haven't bothered to try yet.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTranslate translates the spoken word. It appears to do it in a similar way to Siri, with the recording being sent to the company's servers to do the translation.

I didn't download Translator. Although it does more languages, I figured I had enough with the 35 that iTranslate offers.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTranslate translates the spoken word. It appears to do it in a similar way to Siri, with the recording being sent to the company's servers to do the translation.

I didn't download Translator. Although it does more languages, I figured I had enough with the 35 that iTranslate offers.

Thanks. I will try at some point.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I work with a whole heap of people who do not speak good English. They all study English, but I thought it might be good to have the means to converse occasionally, and I'm not about to learn Spanish, Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese. I don't have enough years left.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work with a whole heap of people who do not speak good English. They all study English, but I thought it might be good to have the means to converse occasionally, and I'm not about to learn Spanish, Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese. I don't have enough years left.

Good use!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scan to PDF
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/scan-to-pdf/id415285879?mt=8

Allows you to convert images to PDFs

Now free from $5.49

image-2970204242.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts