What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probs with app store

apollo95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every now & again when I go into iTunes or the App Store I get a message saying that I cannot buy an app/song from the Chinese store???? Sometimes this resolves if I back out of iTunes or the App Store & go back in but it has happened several times today. I went into settings to view my apple I'd & it was correctly showing as being in the UK region. Should I be worried about the Chinese message? Has someone hacked into my IPad? And how do I stop this from happening? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Are you going directly to the App Store, or following a link? Links can lead to other stores, where you can not make the purchase. Sometimes it will redirect you nicely, and other times not.

If the first, try going to the bottom of the Featured tab, tapping on your Apple ID then logging out. Tap the Sign In button when done and re-enter your Apple ID. This should lock it back on the store associated with your Apple ID (the UK store I assume).

Hold in mind that the Apple ID sign-ins for each store and in each place in Settings are independent from each other. The iCloud ID settings as well. There is no one place to set them all. This is either inconvenient or handy, depending on what you need to do at the moment.

OP
A

apollo95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I am going straight to iTunes via the icon on my IPad. I will try what u said if it happens again but it hasn't happened today so hopefully it was just a glitch.

Most reactions

Latest posts