What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro and app store prob-please HELP!!!!!

Madmansmama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:pHello to all my Mac friends. My name is Paula and I currently use an Ipad, Macbook Pro, and and Ipod Touch 2nd Gen. I am having the worst problem though that no one at apple will help me with rendering my ipad useless. The app store keeps rejecting every credit card I enter and writes "invalid security code" even though I put in the correct one. I have tried several cc's and the billing addy is correct. Now I can't load even free apps. Any suggestions?????

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were you, I would so two things immediately. Change your iTunes password, and call Apple to see if your account/ID has been flagged or suspended for some reason (ie suspicious activity, but some vendors won't always say that's the reason flat out bc of contracts they have with places like Visa. My own bank couldn't give me details when something similar happened to me.

If you have MobileMe or FindMyIphone/iPad, try logging into either site from a computer & see if it'll accept it.

Could be fraud (sadly common in the past year w/iTunes in particular) or could be the app store or could be something weird with just your ID. I would definitely call them though. They will talk to you about something like this, and if you have AppleCare use that as a way to jump through their phone queue faster. Hope this helps.

Also did you maybe set a numeric password by accident in settings to lock out app purchases? Might be worth checking there too.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, how are you trying to enter your info? If you're trying on the iPad, try doing it through iTunes on your Mac. Their system is messes up. If you have Chrome as default browser on a pc, for example, it will never complete the PayPal verification that kicks you out to the browser and back. But on Firefox...no issues. It's intensely annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts