Problems with IOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by millerbob, Oct 6, 2012.

1. kuyarawa

kuyarawa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It is just me or anyone had an issue with ios6 battery life? My ipad drain battery much faster after updating to ios6 :(

2. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You should never be experiencing significant additional battery drain after installation of a new OS. If you are, it indicates a problem with the upgrade process.

You are best adviced to take a backup, restore the device using iTunes with a clean install of IOS 6, then restore your backup and allow your content to sync on there again from iTunes.

That normally gets rid of any problems that occurred due to the update process, which doesn't always deal with all the little anomalies which can be on each persons device after using it for a while :D

Good luck.

3. kuyarawa

kuyarawa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I do exactly as you said last night, backup > restore device via itunes for a clean install of ios6 > restore backup > sync content again.
    After finish everything, I just leave my ipad charged until morning (battery 100% charged). And I'm using my ipad as usual.
    And now 3:00 pm here (8 hours with battery) the battery indicator say 95% which is much better that yesterday. This is work! Thanks for advice! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:

5. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to be of service, and good to hear it resolved your issue.

6. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    No, no issues at all with iOS 6 on either our new iPads or our iPhone 4S and 5. The only exception may be the Maps app which is the only thing Mr. Cook addressed in iOS 6 but I haven't used the old one anyway after I obtained GPS Drive which works just fine.

7. zip255

zip255
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had a problem my new iPad would not stay connected to my Wi-Fi network, Apple replaced my iPad and my iPhone 4S. the problem was still happening. I called Apple back and we went into my router and change the encryption type from both to one or the other and it fixed it and thank God on the new iPad I have iOS 5 back.... I have not had a problem with staying connected to Wi-Fi since I changed the encryption type off of both.